Welcome to Timeless Rhythms Studio, online art journal! Look at some of my posted art (above), read my entries and feel free to comment on any part of the blog that interests you! Most of my art is available for purchase and I can also be commissioned for a variety of custom painting projects, from portraits to murals. Contact me here by leaving a comment on any post. I look forward to hearing from you in my Timeless Rhythms Studio, online art journal!

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

This just in...

I believe life happens the way it is supposed to, as horrible in many situations as that may be unfolding for any human being, myself included. Never-the-less, this bit of wisdom has arrived in my email box today, I believe to keep me going right now. Maybe it holds wisdom appropriate for you on your path today as well: ‘Social evolution is the result of interaction between two wholly distinct factors: the individual… bearing all the power of initiative and origination in their own hands; and, second, the social environment, with its power of adopting or rejecting both the individual and their gifts. Both factors are essential to change. The community stagnates without the impulse of the individual. The impulse dies away without the sympathy of the community.’ - paraphrased from, William James (1842-1910)

We are all connected. For society to evolve, its individuals must evolve. In order for individuals to evolve, we must be supported by society. Our growth goes hand in hand. When you look at how certain trends arise, you can find some examples of just how this works. Yoga has been around for centuries, yet just recently here in the west, it has become something of a phenomenon! It seems like there are yoga studios popping up everywhere. Likewise as more individuals become vegetarians, perhaps we’ll have more vegetarian and really healthy foods restaurants to choose from. The relationship between the individual and society can create remarkable evolution!


The key of course, for those who do not know, is to take wisdom metaphorically to your own circumstances, not literally! May you recognize wisdom (in you) on your path today.

No comments: